The original “Ada’s” was the place where generations of kids and adults went to get their candy fix, and more importantly, to visit the beloved “candy lady,” Ada Cantavero. For 58 years, Ada stood behind the old glass and wood counter and carefully counted out each penny candy selected by her local customers. She was an incredibly kind and polite woman whose demeanor kept her visitors coming back year after year.
Miss Cantavero’s parents purchased the store in 1950, which was the original Riverside Post Office. Built about 1900, the store stayed in its original form and has been newly renovated by Ada’s family who have beautifully maintained its historic look and feel.